Thursday, March 22, 2007

Cake

You gave me cake. I gave you cake back. We're even. We're done.

I haven't been disrespected by a ( i guess i can claim used to be) a good friend in a very long time. She asked me to come support her in her Rugby game tonight as good friends do.. and as good friends do.. I cheerfully went to watch and scream motivational sayings off of the top of my lungs. Three other friends accompanied me and we were having such a great time together. Then we made an innocent joke to ourselves that it would be quite hilarious if this guy (who likes yet irritates her). I spose her nosey friends overheard our private joke and enforced us not to do it. Who said we were? Honestly, it would be hilarious but we would never go to such an extent to amuse ourselves. I don't believe her friends are fair to judge when their ways of amusing themselves are backstabbing each other, being manipulative, treating each other like Barbie doll toys and the sad part is that they make up then restart the whole "Mean Girl" process. Our rugby team tied with Canada! Right After Her game, she said "thank you for coming" but in a rushed and unappreciateive way. Her Barbie (when I say Barbie, I mean the drunk, dishieveled, irrational) friends informed her about our miniscule joke and she took it too major offense (which I don't blame her but the way she handled it was why I was hurt). She embarrassed the four of us in front of a few other people who were standbys. She confrontingly told us that our joke had gone too far and this joke has been lingering for far too long. The other three were silent. Considering this happened right after her game and right before her team bbq, I did not want to cause her more grief by inflaming her with how I really felt. Instead, I interrupted her to remind her of why we (her friends) were there by yelling (cheerfully), GOOD JOB! YOU DID GREAT! YOU WON! (her: we tied) OH.. I MEAN TIED! Oh, tied as in RIPTIEDE! (name of their team). The silence of the other three quickly turned back to laughter. She rolled her eyes and leaped back onto the field. Now that I think about it, that leap seem to symbolize her leaping out of our friendship. Did I stop her from leaping? No. This single event did not cause me to decide on letting this friendship float away. This year alone we've argued and fought far too many times for it to be funny when we look back on or even to be proud of anymore. Typically, after our argument we would talk it out and make up. After repeating that routine for a couple of times, I don't have any more energy to make it work anymore. I am fed up. Third quarter into my Senior year in high school, I can honestly say that I have the power to choose my friends and know who deserves my attention and energy. She is no longer worthy of my time and energy. Leadership is strictly business and I understand that, so I will work with her on what needs to be done and nothing more. I have never irrationally argued with my other friends as I have with her, so i'm becoming more and more confident that it's not me who ignites the flame. However, I do not discount our friendship entirely. "You gave me cake. I gave you cake." It was delicious cake and I appreciate and am glad that i've had the opportunity to eat that cake. As I've learned through broken good friendships, just be greatful that it happened. I am greatful for her cake, but it's time to move on and let Her go. At this point of my blog, I may seem a bit too emotional maybe overreacting? It's quite comical because i'm pouring my heart out into this blog and She's probably sleeping with no regrets or thoughts on the effect of what she did to me today. and I'm fine with that. We've had a great four years together that I don't regret. Together, we've spent 12 hours at Her house gift wrapping presents to give to 13 families for Christmas, lead our high school's finest leadership and made a huge impact, played practical jokes on Nakamura during 5th period when he's away at a basketball game, hit each other's backs to a point where a red hand mark is imprinted, surprised each other with a lighted cake on each other's birthday.. good times. I could have simply stayed home tonight, but I was courageous enough to have confidence in believing that we had a friendship outside of leadership and could possibly foreshadow an extending friendship after high school.. I am a fool. But thank you for the cake.


Sincerely,


Vendel

P.S. The only thing I apologize for is embarrassing you in front of your "cool" friends by cheering for you exuberantly while they just sat nonchalantly. Although i'm weird and overwhelmingly cheerful, I make a great friend. Actually, I also apologize for not going to give you another time of day to realize that. Good luck on finding another priceless friend to give cake to.