Sunday, March 18, 2007

Move Along

All-American Rejects - Move Along << this song totally motivates me to move on with my life even when shit gets thrown at me.
It seems like this has been the worst year (from March 06 til now) of my life. It's been a year or two that my house hasn't been sold. Also, the events that happened this past year seem to be hysterical because when something good seem to happen.. it gets consumed by something bad. We had 5 offers on our house and so my parents (dumbly) chose to sell it to this young and naive realtor or whatever and his partner. We shoulda sold it to the happy Somoan family!! Anyway this is what went wrong.. dude and his partner had some conflict and then dude's loan doesn't go through. SO my house is back in the market and i am stuck in this hell house. Well, at least I have my solitude and privacy in my own spacious room with the necessary equipped entertainment. My brothers moved to a cozy apartment in Alameda so I don't even have them for social interaction. My grades suck (3.7) yes that's considered sucky compared to what I used to get. Being ASB President sucks right now because people are difficult to deal with and I don't see what kinda legacy i'm leaving. College sucks. I got rejected to UC Davis cause I'm not retarded with special needs. Having a license sucks cause I cant even use it cause I don't have insurance cause my parents suck.
So where is the move along part? Ok so when all of these bad events collaborated and attacked me.. i layed down on my bed for not even 3 minutes. I had an epiphany of the positives that counterattacks all of the major negative events of my life..
Not selling my house - As long as I have my own room.. i think I can stay sane. The main reason why I'm so anxious to move is to hang out with my friends more and be like everyone else who lives only 10 minutes away from school. That's not a desire anymore because my great friends (Nima, VePenis, Mermanica, Army and anyone else who make efforts with me) do a great job at hanging out with me when we can.. which keeps me very sane. I thank them for this. The whole living hella far from school doesn't bother me anymore because that's apart of what makes me unique at Alameda. Plus my brothers live there so I can use that as my second home anytime I want (as i've experimented).
School - All I should care about is passing all of my classes because the college application process is over! All I need to do now is be patient and whatever happens happens for a reason. Who cares if Davis doesn't want me? I have Santa Cruz where I wouldn't mind going to and PLUS I still have to wait for Irvine, LA, San Diego, Berkeley and Boston to hear from. I can't have everything. I will be alright in life and that keeps me collective and assured.
Leadership - Leah Herris, a great friend for four years (and counting), once told me, "You've already done so much for this school and leadership, so you don't have to do anything new to prove that you're leaving a legacy because you have already left one and it will continue until you graduate." (paraphrased) That quote of assurance.. I reassure with myself everyday. AND that has kept me very sane and keeps me leaping forward.
Not driving - I don't have to deal with that cultural hazard yet.. so i'm cool. My parents have been very supportive in driving me everywhere I need to go and are very prompt on picking me up.. so i'm cool with that.
Love and support from people synergizes me. If I can deal with all this shit thrown at me, I can handle anything! Some people wonder who the hell is that little Asian girl who dresses however the hell she wants and is always smiling and yelling and monstrously hugging people who seem to mean something to her and laughs like she can't breathe? Her name is Wendy Seng and she gets away with whatever she does because she presents herself with confidence. SHE IS GOLDEN!!! I AM GOLDEN!! I AM WENDY MUTAPAKIN SENG!!

No comments: