Sunday, March 25, 2007

College Admissions

College admissions are... BULLSHIT!
Rejected: ucd, ucsd, and Boston University..
"regret that we cannot offer you admission" "I regret to inform you" Yeah damn fucking right youre gonna regret not admitting ME to your college. With these rejection letters, they can only make me stronger. I know i'm going to college, not these but I am going somewhere (so far UCSC, Emmanuel College in Boston.. waiting for uci, ucb, ucla). Rejections give me more motivation to be somebody to whereever i'm going. I'm going to have the freedom and opportunities to make a name for myself in society. Not quite sure on what i'm going to do.. but with my determination, intelligence and charisma.. i'm going to succeed in life. I will be able to kick life in the ass after it has done to me several times. Courtny Hom's mom made an inspiring comment to me yesterday, "Ya know. There are certain people you can just look at and know they're going to succeed in life and you're one of those people." I don't have a 4.2 GPA, score over 2000 on the SATs, pass with 5s on my AP exams, burn myself out with extracurriculars, but if you identify yourself with your high school transcript.. then you need to go do something with your life to discover who you really are. I am beyond my high school transcript. Maybe that's why we take these rejection letters so personally, because we feel that we have to identify ourselves with our high school transcript so it feels as if the colleges are rejecting WHO YOU ARE. As I have discovered, you shouldnt look at it that way. I think i'm going to end this blog here.. i'll continue after I find out from the last three colleges and have made a decision on where I'm going and what im going to do while i'm there...
Strap on your bungee chords and tighten your harnest. Then jump. You'll be fine.

No comments: