Monday, January 29, 2007

My Edges

Don't play around my edges cause i'll stab you and slit your throat.

There is only so much that I can tolerate. But when an insulting remark gets targeted towards not only me but a lot of people I care about.. I get ticked off. For instance..

Today Nima and I were sitting at our "Student's Voices" table to get the word out about our upcoming meeting. Nima and I didn't have to do this, but we honestly care about representing students' voices as best as we can. Partly, I made this meeting to shut up those ignorant complainers. Always blabbin about this is lame that is lame.. but when you allow them to tell it to your face.. they stuck face and walk away. For instance..

So that pig-nosed girl who's locker is near mine and obviously she's not a very important person if I don't know her name.. made a rude and broadly insulting comment. "Leadership should stop ignoring the students," I believe the comment was. This was one of the most igorant and trite comment I have ever heard. Without hesitation, I jump from my seat and call her out as she tried walking away. I URGED her to sign up for my "Student Voices" meeting so I can hear more of what she has to say. By URGING her, I spoke sharply and clearly directly to her. I didn't curse.. I didn't yell. I kept my tone directly towards her as if I was aiming a calm taser. She said ok and walked towards the sign up table. As a common coward, she made up some bullshit that she had a club where she was vice president (wOw notice I didn't capitalize it) where she was supposedly desperately needed and couldn't sign up for my meeting because she's too afraid to get verbally scraped as she did today. Her absent face and urged legs to walk away as quickly as she could gave me satisfaction. Although I know I didn't change her perspective of leadership, I'm satisfied that I let her know that she wouldn't get away that easily if she ever snickered an insulting comment about us again. And that's what made all the difference.

2 comments:

Mina said...

WOO, GO WENDY! I'm most proud of you. LOL "that pig nosed girl" ahahhahahahah.

Show em who's boss!!

Unknown said...

VERBAL SCRAPE